WTC De Kroem Foerce WTC De Kroem Foerce
Forum van WTC De Kroem Foerce

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

EDMONTON - Cory Conway and Mark Matthews each had two goals

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    WTC De Kroem Foerce -> FUN-CORNER
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-03-2019 06:38:36    Onderwerp: EDMONTON - Cory Conway and Mark Matthews each had two goals Reageren met citaat

ATLANTA - With their season on the verge of slipping away, the Atlanta Hawks arent going for style points, theyre just glad to string together a couple of wins. Mattias Janmark Jersey . Kyle Korver scored 12 of his 15 points in the fourth quarter to help Atlanta beat the Milwaukee Bucks 102-97 Thursday night for the Hawks first back-to-back victories in nearly six weeks. The Hawks (28-35) expanded their lead over the surging Knicks (26-40) for the No. 8 and final playoff spot in the East to 3 1/2 games. Their victory over the team with the worst record in the NBA followed Mondays 104-102 victory over Utah, the team with the worst record in the Western Conference. Like the Bucks (13-52), the Hawks entered the game having lost 14 of 16, and their first home game after a six-game road trip had an odd feel. "The last two havent been pretty, but theyre wins and its two in a row so were going to try to build on that," said Korver, who was 4 for 4 from the foul line and 3 for 4 from the field in the final period, including 2 for 3 on 3-pointers. "The first game back after a (long) road trip is notoriously a trap game, and I think we fell for it a bit in the first half and didnt come out with the right energy and focus, at least I didnt." Korvers backcourt mate, Jeff Teague, scored 22 points with eight in a final period that saw 12 lead changes and four ties. The Hawks took the lead for good when Korvers 3-pointer gave them a 90-89 edge with 2:15 left. That came moments after Korver missed from long distance, and reserve centre Elton Brand grabbed the rebound and fired it back to the sharpshooter. That play more than any ruined the Atlanta homecoming of Bucks coach Larry Drew, who was the Hawks head coach from 2010-13. He was not asked to return for the final season of his contract, although Atlanta never officially fired him. "If we come up with that rebound were not in that position," Drew said. "You cant leave a guy like that that open. Or even put him in that position, because Kyle is, if not the best shooter, hes one of the top three in our league." Korvers 3 triggered a 9-0 run that was punctuated by Teagues thunderous dunk with 27 second remaining for a 96-89 lead. Ersan Ilyasova had 22 points and 10 rebounds for Milwaukee, and guard Brandon Knight added 20 points. Every Atlanta starter, even centre Pero Antic, made at least one 3-pointer. The Hawks were 13 for 29 from beyond the arc. Milwaukee had just eight turnovers and a modest 43-41 rebounding edge, but went 3 for 19 on 3-point attempts. Trailing 53-47 at halftime, the Hawks took a 68-67 lead by closing the third quarter with a 9-0 run during which they made four straight shots. Milwaukee shot 4 for 21 in the period, and scored one point over the final 4:08 of a 14-point quarter. "Our defence picked us up and allowed us to get back in the game," Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. "We keep talking about being better defensively, and at some point weve got to carry it over to the court." Both teams found energy in the final quarter, when the Hawks outscored the Bucks 34-30. Teague, who pitched in eight assists but also committed seven turnovers, was happy with the win because, he said, "Nobody is bad in the NBA. On any given night, anybody can beat anybody." Budenholzer was more mindful of Atlantas opponent. He did not consider his team to be back on track. "No; not really. I think were going to have to play a whole lot better than this going forward," Budenholzer said. "Wins are important ... but I dont think anybody thinks were settled." NOTES: Hawks centre Al Horford, who has been out since tearing his right pectoral muscle Dec. 26 in an overtime win at Cleveland, said he will not return to play this seven even if Atlanta makes the playoffs. He returned after suffering a similar injury to his left pectoral in 2011-12. "No. I think it would be hard. This injury, honestly, was a little more severe than the other one," he explained in his first meeting with reporters since the injury. "And its my right side, shooting arm, and I need to feel 100 per cent confident with it, so I think its going to be a little bit slower." Dan Hamhuis Jersey . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Cheap Dallas Stars Jerseys . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate). http://www.cheapstarsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-john-klingberg-jersey . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday.OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators three smallest players made the biggest impact in training camp and were rewarded for their efforts with roster spots. The trio of Cory Conacher, Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Stephane Da Costa took advantage of a day off Monday to enjoy the news before returning their focus to the hard work that lies ahead. Da Costas performance was perhaps the biggest surprise. The 24-year-old centre seemed to fall out of favour with the Senators last season and was told to commit to his summer training regimen and be willing to make some adjustments. He took the advice and spent the summer in Poland training with his older brother Teddy, who is currently playing in Finland. "I knew what they were saying and I took it seriously," said Da Costa. "Im not the biggest player physically so I knew I had to work on that and I tried to focus on my defensive play." While he spent much of the pre-season centring the teams top line as Jason Spezza recovered from a mild groin sprain, Da Costa found himself on a line between Zack Smith and Chris Neil at Tuesdays practice. "Hes a player that plays with speed and some tenacity and hes got good skill level," said head coach Paul MacLean. "He was good in the faceoff circle so we expect him to do the same things. The expectation is that hell continue to play well and should be able to create more opportunities for those guys to maybe have an opportunity to score." Conacher had been one of four players being considered to play on the left wing on the second line with Clarke MacArthur and Kyle Turris, but he was easily the most consistent of all. The trio seemed to generate some early chemistry. "Theyre two guys who are pretty easy to play with," said Conacher. "I just want to try and create space for them because theyre two guys who are really good with the puck. As long as Im being a little bit of a pest in the (offensive) zone that will create a little bit more room for them." At five foot eight, Conacher is the Senators smallest player and hes also diabetic, but he wont let his size or his illness define his career. He refuses to allow anything to be used as an excuse should his play begin to slide. "Theres so much competition so you cant be too comfortable," saidd Conacher. Gump Worsley Jersey. "I have to show that Im willing to get better every day and it starts off by the things I eat and how I track my diabetes. "I think I worked a lot this summer to be more focused and more reliable on the ice to allow the coach to put me on the ice with two minutes left in the game rather than sit me on the bench." After an impressive start to his pro career last season -- which featured a playoff hat trick -- many wondered if Jean-Gabriel Pageau would be able to thrive under the high expectations. Pageau, 20, participated in the teams summer development camp and was strong at the rookie tournament. He earned regular praise from MacLean through the pre-season. "Its a great feeling (to be here)," said Pageau. "But even today I dont want to take anything for granted. I know theres always players pushing to come back here, but Im ready to do all the sacrifices to stay with the big team." As the teams youngest player, Pageau isnt afraid to take advice from his older and more experienced teammates. He also believes last years experience allowed him to come into camp with more confidence. "It helped me be more comfortable both on and off the ice," admitted Pageau. "I think when youre more comfortable you can play your real game. You dont have to think between every play you can just go and play like you can play." While all three players will face different challenges, the one thing the Senators will be looking for is a consistent effort. "As young players the hardest thing to find in the league is consistency," said MacLean. "At some point and time someone or all three could struggle with that, but at this point theyve been probably the most consistent players from the start of training camp to the end of training camp and as a result theyre here to start the season." Notes: Spezza has been sidelined by a mild groin sprain was able to take part in a full practice Tuesday and believes progress has been made. "It seemed to hold up pretty good," said Spezza. "I got through a whole practice and it felt pretty good. There was some hard skating." Spezza doesnt anticipate any more setbacks and is looking forward to Ottawas season opener at Buffalo on Friday. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    WTC De Kroem Foerce -> FUN-CORNER Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: